552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Hi. Remember Me?

I'm the lady who blogs on this site. Or at least, I blog occasionally.

I've been a little busy lately, and a little lazy when it comes to the ol' blogging duties.

First, a quick bitch session about my job. Ever since Dave's shoulder surgery, my life has gotten pretty crummy. I only anchor two days a week (instead of my usual three), and I've been hoofing it with the camera way too much. I've mentioned how heavy our equipment is before. Today, I spent over four hours with a 20-pound camera sitting on my right shoulder. It's been like this for nearly a month now. My neck is so sore that I can't turn to the left without a painful pinching sensation, and I can't raise my right arm all the way.

Oh. And I was outside shooting baseball and softball all day. It was 45 degrees, cloudy, and windy. I still can't feel the tips of my fingers. (I know, I know... it's much colder wherever you are. But did you have to spend four hours standing outside in the cold? Didn't think so.)

But enough about my job. You have to listen to me bitch about it way too much as it is.

Here's a little summary of my life since I last blogged:

Saturday
Valentine's Day.
I've mentioned before that I love to buy gifts. But for some reason, I have a mental block about buying Valentine's gifts and cards. I guess it's because it's so soon after Christmas... I shoot my gift-buying wad on Christmas and I'm tapped out by the time February comes around.

Every year, my mom sends me a card and a gift. I don't think I've ever reciprocated, with the exception of the occasional e-card. I never think of buying a Valentine's day card until it's too late to mail it out. Then I feel guilty when I open the one she sent me.

It's funny. I could tell you what I got Cory for Christmas and his birthday. Hell, I could probably tell you what I got nearly every boyfriend I've ever had for their birthdays. But I don't remember what I got him for Valentine's Day last year. I even went back to last year's Valentine's entry on this blog, but no dice.

I remember the first Valentine's gift I got him. We'd been dating several months, but only about two of our friends knew we were seeing each other, and we were still in that weird "is he my boyfriend?" phase. I didn't want to freak him out by getting him something really mushy. So I bought him a couple of CDs and snuck them into his office overnight.

Not the most romantic gift, I know. I have a mental block when it comes to buying a "romantic" gift. I know what isn't romantic: vacuum cleaners, air purifiers, shoes. I actually gave a boyfriend shoes one year for Valentine's day. I didn't like him very much, but felt like I should get him something.

The coolest valentine's gift I ever bought? The first year we were dating, I bought this book for Rich. 50 years of nudie girls. I think I won the "world's coolest girlfriend" award that year.

This year? Nothing romantic. I gave Cory "Lost in Translation" on DVD. I also gave him a little magnetic sculpture for his desk at work (he knocked over his miniature zen garden a couple weeks ago and I thought he could use something a little less fragile. He gave me a heart-shaped box of candy and a blouse. I'm eating the last of the candy right now.

We actually opened presents just after midnight on V-Day. I had to work all day, so we celebrated early. Then the poor guy had to spent V-day following me around at work. He had to come with me to three basketball games and a hockey game... and though there are worse ways to spend a day, I'm not much fun to be around when I'm shooting sports.

It could have been worse. I was supposed to shoot a baseball game, too... but it got rained out. Thank goodness for small favors.

Sunday
Worked.

Monday
Worked.

Ok. We're caught up. I feel much better.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa