552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Dollar Daze

How much do I love the dollar store?
Too much!

My love affair with the dollar store started back when I was in college. Some friends of mine worked at Summit Place Mall (formerly the Pontiac Mall) when the store "Everything's A Dollar" opened up. It was the first time any of us had ever seen a dollar store. Scott and Chris spent much of their time at work phoning the poor employees at Everything's A Dollar, and asking them stupid questions like:

"Do you sell picture frames?"
"Yes."
"How much do you sell them for?"
"A dollar."
"Do you sell books?"
"Yes."
"How much do you sell them for?"
"A dollar."
"Do you sell cars, like maybe a Corvette?"
"No."
"Ok... But if you did, how much would you sell them for?"
"(...sigh...) A dollar."

Here in Georgia, the primary dollar-retailer is the "Dollar Tree." A few days ago, I was perusing the store, and as usual, I picked up a book. Best damn dollar I ever spent. Sherwood Kiraly's California Rush is one of the funniest books I've ever read. It's well-written, the characters are hilarious, and best of all, it's about baseball... sort of.

Seriously, if you're ever at the Dollar Tree and you see this book, pick it up. It's well worth the 100 pennies.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa