552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, November 16, 2003

Junior High School Flashback

Cory was flipping around the channels while I was balancing the checkbook a while ago, and he paused on a tv show. I couldn't see the tv set from where I was sitting, but it still only took about three seconds for me to not only realize what show it was, but what episode he was watching. It was the short-lived "Square Pegs," and the episode was the show's most memorable: "Muffy's Bat Mitzvah" (Featuring Devo).

A thought came to me, as I watched Jami Gertz act snotty towards Sarah Jessica Parker. It's been a really long time since I was in Junior High School. The episode I was watching was 21 years old. 21 YEARS!!! Has it really been that long? You better believe it.

It's kind of like the first time you hear a song from "your era" on a "Classic Rock" station. You think to yourself, "This isn't classic. This is only a few years old. It came out when I was in High School."

Then, you suddenly realize, "Oh, crap. That was ten (or fifteen, or twenty) years ago."

In summation: I'm old.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa