552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, November 09, 2003

Ahhhhhh.....

I left work before 1 a.m. today. Very nice.

A summary of the last few days: Woke up, went to work early, stayed at work very late (generally between 2 and 3 am), Suffered brief bout of insomnia (cured by a big swig of NyQuil. And no, I'm not addicted to antihistamines), had a brief panic attack before Sports Overtime.

The show went off relatively well. Jeff's only anchored once since he left the station two years ago, so he was a little rusty on the first few stories, but got back into the swing of things really quickly. Most important, we had final scores for almost every game, and the show filled our 20 minutes almost perfectly. If it had been a normal show, I would have been a little disappointed in it, but considering it was my first time producing the show all by myself, I think it went fairly well.

One truly embarrassing thing, though. At the end of the show, we tape a little :30 promo that airs on Saturday and Sunday. The script goes something like: "Hi, I'm so-and-so, and I'm so-and-so. Friday on Sports Overtime, we showed you...." and then we say a sentence about four of the games, and wrap it up with "Next week, we'll show you (insert game here) and (insert game here). So join us for Sports Overtime, Friday Nights, on News Leader Nine" We didn't have much trouble writing or shooting the promo, but when we went to watch it, something was very wrong. When Jeff was reading his lines, I was moving my lips along to the words in the TelePrompter. Moving my lips like some quasi-illiterate inbred freak. So sad. So folks around the Bi-Cities can watch me look like a moron all weekend long. Pathetic.

I've always known that when I'm tired, my (already bad) posture gets much worse, and I walk even more pigeon-toed than usual. Apparently, when I'm tired, I also move my lips when I read.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa