552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, October 07, 2003

It's my Friday!

Whooo-hooooo!

Thank goodness I get a couple of days off... Monday just about killed me (job bitching below).

I had to come in at 11am to cover the Cottonmouths first practice of the season. Ordinarily, that's not such a big deal. I go in to work at noon on the weekends regularly, because nobody else is willing to record all the college and pro games for me.

The difference of course, was that this was a Monday. During the NFL season. And I work at an ABC station. Yep, that means Monday Night Football... and a very late night for the Sportslady and all of her unfortunate co-workers. The games start at 9pm, so we don't usually get on the air until about 12:45 or so.

Generally, we all root for a blowout in the game. Who cares who wins... as long as they get it over with quickly. Last night's game was looking like it would be that way. The Bucs were up 28-7 at the end of the third quarter, and things were looking good for a fairly early newscast. Then, Indianapolis decided that they wanted to win. They went on to score 28 points in the fourth quarter and send the damn game to overtime.

Long story short (too late, I know), I didn't get out of work until 2am. So, I started my shift on Monday morning, and didn't get off my shift until Tuesday morning. Fun stuff, huh?

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa