552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, October 05, 2003

Football Frenzy

Another week of college football has come and gone. Happily, Georgia Tech won. They're kind of my adopted team down here. I'm not sure exactly why I've started following them, except I'm always a fan of the "underdog." In fact, "Underdog" was one of my favorite shows as a kid.

For those of you who don't really "get" the whole college football thing, it's an entirely different experience in the South. Most of you know that I grew up in Michigan. Now, Michigan fans love their football. As evidence, Michigan Stadium is the largest football stadium in the biz.

But people in the south reaaaallllllyyyy love football. Everyone has a favorite college team, even if they didn't go to that college. Hell, they have a favorite team even if they didn't go to college. Or want to go to college.

But to show you how big college football is down here, this article should help you. People around these parts get downright homocidal when it comes to their teams.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa