552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, June 27, 2003

If the Shoe Fits...

Ugh. So I mentioned yesterday that I went on a brief shoe-shopping excursion. It was pretty short-lived, since my digestive system was still staging its coup (we're currently in a cease-fire).

The excursion didn't go well. See, I need open-toed silver shoes, and I don't know any strippers to guide me in the right direction (ha ha). Actually, they're for my friend Crackhouse Nicki's wedding. Silver shoes, sure, I can handle that. But to put a restriction on it like "open-toed silver shoes," well, that's another story altogether.

I should add here that there's some urgency to the shoe-shopping. Since the wedding's in Michigan and I'm not, I have to get fitted for the dress on my upcoming trip to the Great Lakes State. In order to get the length right, I have to be wearing the shoes. That means the shoes have to be in my posession by 8am Wednesday (and today is my last day off before I leave town).

So today, I bit the bullet and went to the mall, and believe it or not, I found a pair of cute strappy silver dress shoes at Payless Shoe Source... and they're only $12.99... and they fit my freak-sized feet.

Then it dawns on me. Do I really want to wear strappy sandals (or for that matter, open-toed shoes at all) in Michigan in September? This is the decision I've been pondering for the last several hours. On the one hand, my feet could freeze. On the other hand, when am I ever going to find a pair of size 9 1/2 open-toed silver shoes for less than 13 bucks? Seriously.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa