552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, June 24, 2003

Pep Rally

One of the most fun parts of my job is sometimes one of the cruddiest parts of my job: Appearing in promos. A lot of people don't like doing the public appearances and whatnot that come with the job, and I can understand that. Usually, I don't mind. It's fun because I get the chance to goof around a little, and I get a chance to "be myself" rather than be the "sports lady." But sometimes it stinks because I either have to come in early or come in on my day off to shoot them.

Today, we shot an on-air promo with the Wardogs, our arena football team. We're sponsoring a half-time event at one of the games, so we headed down to the Civic Center, threw on a couple of football jerseys, and hammed it up for the cameras. It took about an hour, and it was just a couple of the players, plus Cory, Dave (my boss) and me, so it was a good time. Oh, and I almost forgot. One of the players told me I have pretty eyes. Hee-hee.

Of course, it would have been better if I hadn't had to come in three hours early to do it, but Dave and I really don't have any down-time during our regular hours, so it was the only time we could do it.

I just hope I don't look like too big of a dork when the thing airs.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa