552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, June 26, 2003

I Be Illin'

Ok, I've narrowed it down: Either I have food poisoning (again) or my digestive system is attempting to stage a coup. Either way, it's not good.

Why is it that I only get sick on my days off? What kind of cruel twist of fate is that? The last time I got food poisoning was December 28th, and we were planning on a three-day vacation to Panama City (or as I like to call it, the "Redneck Riviera"). Oh, we went. But it wasn't much fun... especially the drive down.

Actually, sometimes I get sick when it isn't my day off. Of course, when that happens, Dave's usually on vacation, so I can't take any time off for a full week. Two Christmases ago, I got the flu four days before Christmas and my boss was taking time off. Since we're a two-person department, it's pretty difficult for us both to take the same day off. So, I brought in a blanket, did as much work as I could stomach, then curled up on the sofa in the lobby until it was time to go on the air. It was not pretty.

I do feel a little bit better than I did this morning. I got out of the house, bought some ginger ale and 'nilla wafers, and scarfed them down. So the nausea's gone now... but I still feel weak. I had to sit down and rest in the middle of a store. More on my unsuccessful shopping trip later, when I have the energy.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa