552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, June 26, 2003

Attack of the Killer 'Hoppers

Does anyone else fear those enormous black grasshoppers? The ones I have on my patio are about three times the size of a normal grasshopper (maybe 3 1/2 inches long), and they're black with yellow stripes and tiny little wings on their backs.

Tonight, I was about to grill some chicken on the patio, I opened the back door and there was one right at eye level on the outside of the door. I screamed bloody murder and slammed the door as hard as I could, hoping the force would knock him off the door. I finally went out the front door, walked all the way around the building to my patio, went in through the gate and spotted him on the ground right outside the door. Creeped me out, so I went back around the front to go back in the apartment.

Later, I tried to get him away from the door using a patio shoe, but when I gave him a little shove with it, he fluttered his little wings at me. Scared the crap out of me.

Then Cory came home, and I told him "There's a scary grasshopper on the patio, I'm scared to go out there." I think he was kind of laughing about that, but then he went out there and I heard him say "Holy S**t, that's the biggest F***ing Grasshopper I've ever seen. He was afraid to touch it, too. Eventually, he shooed him away using a broom.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa