552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, March 15, 2003

A Wasted Day

Normally, this time of year, I get Fridays off. But since I work in a two-person department, we have to re-adjust our schedules depending on what's going on in the sports world. Tonight I had to work because C-Town State University was hosting the NCAA Division II Southeast Regional. So the plan was to get to work, put together about 1:00 of material on CSU, shoot and edit some highlights of another game, do a live shot during the 6pm newscast, take a dinner break, shoot the CSU game at 8:30, interview the coach and some players, do a live shot for the 11pm newscast, then come home.

I edit together a short piece about home court advantage (CSU was the host school and top seed at the regional). I edit highlights of an early game. I get ready to leave for my live shot, and apparently the school's public safety officers got all in a tizzy because we parked our Live Truck in a place where we weren't supposed to park it. I might add that it's the same place we parked our live truck last week, and also the same place we've always parked it. Anyway, the rent-a-cops got pissed and made us move the truck, thus killing the 6pm live shot.

So, I go get dinner, Dave (my boss) goes to CSU and pitches a fit, and they finally let us put our truck where we want. At 8:30, I head out to the game, shoot video of the game, get post-game from the coach, and call Dave, only to find out that a thunderstorm is in the area and we can't do our live shot at 11 either.

Oh, and CSU lost. They were the number one seed. And the team that beat them? Their Nickname is the Blue Hose. huh????

To sum up: I came in on what was supposed to be my day off to do two live shots that never happened about a team that didn't even win one damn tournament game. A completely worthless day.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa