552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, March 14, 2003

That Toddlin' Town

The first time Cory and I saw the trailer for Chicago, I remember exactly what I said to him in the theater: "Wow, could they pick three more over-rated actors?" Now that I've actually seen the movie, I have to admit, it's pretty damn good.

Ok, now here's my summation of Chicago: Catherine Zeta-Jones is not a very good dancer (Though apparently she got her start in musicals, according to the stalker-site I just linked to). Renee Zellweger is not a very good actress. Somehow it still works. Great directing and great film editing, I suppose. Richard Gere, who I generally don't like, was great. Queen Latifah was really good, though I'm not sure why she's been nominated for an Oscar. There really wasn't a whole lot to her role. But I suppose if Kim Basinger can win Best Supporting Actress for the three lines she had in "L.A. Confidential," then the role's meatiness doesn't really have a whole lot to do with the category.

Oh, and I think Renee Zellweger's boobs may actually be as small as mine are. And how does she keep getting movie roles? All she does is squint into the camera. She makes my eyes hurt just watching her.

On a side note, we went to see "The Hot Chick" at the dollar theater last week and I never mentioned it... possibly because of my utter shame over having paid (albeit a discount rate) to see it. It really wasn't that bad. It wasn't that good, either... but it could have been a lot worse.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa