552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, March 12, 2003

How Stupid Am I?

I consider myself a fairly smart person... but I can be a real dumbass. I'm flighty. I can't count the number of times I've run out of gas in my life, but they are plentiful. Tonight, I did it again. It could have been worse. I didn't run out of gas on the interstate. My car pooped out just after the exit ramp. Of course, the fact that it was almost 11:00 at night wasn't very cool. The good news was, I was only about a block away from a 24-hour Wal-Mart, and the Wal-Mart's only a couple of miles from our apartment.

When I tried to call Cory, he was on the internet (we have to use a phone line to access), so the line was busy. and busy. and busy. and busy. The freakin' operator wouldn't break in on the line, which pissed me off royally. When I finally got through to our phone, Cory had already left the apartment to go looking for me (By that point, I had left work nearly two hours earlier.) Thankfully, he decided to cruise through the Wal-Mart parking lot to make sure I wasn't there buying toilet paper or something. There I was, in front of Wallyworld, looking sad and lonely.

The funny thing is, even though I've lived in a decent-sized city for nearly a year and a half, I still think in small-town terms. In other words, I could have called a taxi service to come get me and drive me home. Instead, I just kept trying to call Cory, as though he were my only hope. Another instance of how I can be flighty.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa