552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, March 14, 2003

Ignorance Is Bliss

I've been putting this off forever, so it was about time that Cory and I saw "Chicago". I finally caved in tonight. More on the movie in a different post. Let me first say that I love going to movies on weeknights, because there's rarely more than 10 people in the theater. Tonight, there were probably about a dozen. Of course, a group of about five people came in just as the movie was starting, and sat directly behind us (Pretty obnoxious of them, since the theater was pretty empty). They got more annoying... during a couple of the slower numbers, they started talking loudly to one another.

Now, I learned long ago that there's a inverse correlation between intelligence and volume when it comes to people who talk during movies. I admit, I'm a whisperer. I'm one of the people who's always leaning over, asking my friends "who's that guy?" But I try to keep actual conversations to a minimum.

Tonight, a prime example of my theory: At one point, the loud talker said to her friends "I didn't know that this was going to be a musical"

WHAT???????? "I didn't know that this was going to be a musical"

If there's anything you know about "Chicago," it's that the movie is a musical, right? Right???

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa