552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, February 11, 2003

Dog Show!

The Westminster Dog Show was on TV tonight. I love the Westminster show for a variety of reasons, but tonight it created a conflict of interest for me. See, USA was airing Westminster at the same time the Red Wings were playing the San Jose Sharks. Brett Hull finally scored his 700th career goal (if you're not a hockey fan, let me just say that the 700 club is a pretty big deal. Only five other NHL players have gotten 700 goals in the 86-year history of the league.)

As it turns out, there was no conflict of interest at all. I had to drive to Auburn, Alabama to shoot a high school basketball game, so I missed the dog show and my Wings. Crud.

By the way, my favorite thing about the Westminster show isn't actually the show itself, it's the inevitable appearance of Triumph the Insult Comic Dog on Late Night With Conan O'Brien later in the week. If you've never seen Triumph do his Dog Show Shtick, it's the very definition of "must-see tv."

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa