552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Obligatory Sports-Related Post

A few random thoughts, since I haven't blogged in about a week.

If you're a basketball fan in any way, shape, or form, watch ESPN tonight for the NCAA women's tournament. They're in the regional finals, and some of the most dominant progams in NCAA hoops history are sqaring off... North Carolina vs. Tennessee and Duke vs. U-Conn. And while you're watching Connecticut, keep your eyes open for Ketia Swanier. She's a nice kid and she's quick like lightning.

Speaking of basketball, are your brackets as funked-up as mine? I read yesterday that of the 3,000,000 people who entered ESPN's "Bracket Challenge," FOUR correctly picked the Final Four. I correctly picked ZERO. And, oddly enough, on Saturday, I was in first place in one of the pools I entered.

How fun is this? Peyton Manning vs. Eli Manning on a nationally televised game to kick off the NFL season. I wonder who Archie will be rooting for?

The Red Wings are the only team in the NHL's Western Conference to clinch a playoff spot... and they still have eleven games left this season. And Steve Yzerman is now 8th all-time in scoring.

Did you see the practice wreck that killed IRL driver Paul Dana? Did your local news show it? I didn't. It was just too much. On the other hand, if both Dana and Ed Carpenter had survived, I would have shown it... probably while saying something retarded like "what a spectacular crash!"

Interestingly enough, I spent last Wednesday morning at Target with the adorable (but tiny) IRL racing series champion, Dan Wheldon, who won last year's Indy 500. And not a soul recognized him (And, to be honest, had he walked by me at a Target store, I wouldn't have recognized him, either). Can you imagine, though, if it had been a NASCAR driver instead of an open-wheel driver? There would have been a stampede.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa