552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, March 20, 2006

Ask the "Expert"

The company that owns my station also owns/operates several radio stations in the area... for the second time since coming down here, I've been asked to appear on one of the local morning shows. The first time was kind of fun, but kind of awkward... we talked about spring training, and I really didn't have a whole lot to say because games hadn't started yet. But I played along and had a little fun with it.

This time, they want me to talk about the NCAA tournament... of which I am even less of an expert. Aside from winning the pool once at my old station (a moment of glory which I still relish), I really don't follow basketball until this point in the season... then I feel like I'm cramming for an exam when tournament time rolls around.

When the producer called and asked me to be on the show, I said... "Ok, but my bracket's just as hosed-up as everyone else's."

I got a off to a rough start... Picking Kansas in my final four wasn't the best idea. Who knew they'd lose to my long-time nemesis Bradley University? Good for Bradley, though. If you've ever been to Peoria, you know those people really need a reason to cheer.

Actually, on Saturday, I was telling a co-worker that I need to write a letter to myself and put it in some kind of time capsule for next year. I need to include all the lessons I learned from this year's tournament... all the same lessons that I should have learned last year, but then forgot over the course of 12 months.

Well, here's the problem with the time-capsule idea. I move a lot. So I can't bury the note in my backyard or stash it in the attic. Where else but this blog? So if you see any postings entitled "Note to Self," feel free to take a few notes and learn the lesson along with me. Hell, bookmark the page for the 2007 Tournament if you like. Just don't use my words of wisdom against me.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa