552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Breaking News

Cory and I are a little freaked out right now. As most of you know, I spent seven years of my life in Kirksville, Missouri. Cory was born and raised there, living in the 'Ville for about twenty years.

Tonight, a commuter plane crashed in the woods outside the Kirksville Municipal Airport.

Kirksville is a small town. It's population is about 15,000, but it honestly seems more like 1500. I feel like I know everyone there. And if I don't know someone, chances are that either Cory or his mom does know that person.

Eight people are confirmed dead in Tuesday night's crash. Five others are missing. It's not looking good.

Update:

We just got a phone call from Kirksville. Danette, an old friend of ours, had planned to take the flight, and at the last minute, she and her four-year-old daughter decided to drive the three hours from St. Louis to Kirksville instead.

As she was driving into town, she saw the emergency lights, and called the TV station (where she used to work) to ask what happened.

Another thought: This is Homecoming week in Kirksville. That means a busy week at the airport. Yeesh.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa