552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

What I did Over Summer Vacation

Over the last nine days, Cory and I:
1) Watched Smarty Jones blow the Triple Crown from an Airport lounge in Flint, Michigan.
2) Watched the Pistons beat the Lakers not once, but three times. No, we weren't there. We had to watch it on TV like the rest of you.
3) Further secured my one-way ticket to a burning inferno by purchasing a glow-in-the-dark figurine of St. Claire (patron Saint of Television).
4) Bought a kick-ass Detroit Lions zip-up Sweatshirt for only $9.00.
5) Had one really fun day at Soak City waterpark, and one really crummy day at Cedar Point (formerly my favorite place on the planet... now I'm not so sure).
6) Saw a hysterical movie (and I'm pretty sure 95% of the people I know wouldn't "get it.")
7) Caught up with two high school friends and a dozen or so college friends... and still didn't manage to meet up with everyone (Sorry, Sue! Next time I'm in town, let's hit Cheli's Chili Bar-- I'll buy you a Labatt).
8) Spent way too much time around children. Don't get me wrong-- everyone's kids were great-- there were just way too many of them.
9) Went to Comerica Park (or as Sue calls it, the Devil's Ballpark... if you've ever been to a game at Tiger Stadium, I'm sure you understand), and took in a Tigers Game with Jan and Steve (and the Tigers even Won!)
10) Ate dinner here (Crummy), Drank Beer here (packed to the gills), Had a banquet here (One of my favorite places in the world), had lunch here (Cool, because we're pretty sure that this guy is one of the owners), and also had lunch here (Cool, because we have a hilarious picture of my high school friend Melissa grabbing the crotch of the wooden pirate in front of the restaurant).
11) Spent somewhere in the vicinity of $700. That's right. $700. Who says visiting family is cheaper than a real vacation?

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa