552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Latchkey Cat

Cory and I got back to our apartment a little before noon on Monday. That means that poor Zoe was alone for nearly nine whole days. Poor little girl. Our friend Nat stopped by to check on her food and water while we were gone, but for the most part, she was all alone.

Some cats hold a grudge when their people leave them alone. Not Zoe. Once we got home, she was following us everywhere we went.

When we got back from the airport, Cory only had about 45 minutes to get a little rest, take a shower, and head in to work. After he left, I thought I could catch a quick nap before I had to work (we had to be up at 4:15 in the morning to catch our flight, so we didn't get much sleep). As soon as Cory was out the door and I shut out the light, Zoe started wandering around, meowing loudly. I think she was afraid we'd deserted her again. When I called her name, she ran out to the bedroom to join me for a little catnap.

When I woke back up an hour later, I hopped in the shower. Just minutes later, I could hear her meowing again. I called to her from the shower, and when I got out, she was sitting in the doorway to the bathroom, making sure I hadn't left her. I felt like a horrible mommy when I had to leave her to go to work.

When we got home tonight, we had to make it up to her. So she got to have a little catnip party in the living room. Right now, she's passed out in the middle of the living room floor, all tuckered out in a drug-induced haze.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa