552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, May 21, 2004

Earworms

I've had a song stuck in my head all day, and it won't go away.

The problem is that I listen to very little "new" music. There aren't any good college or high school stations around here, playing "college" music, so my choices are Country, Gospel, Top 40 or Classic Rock. Given those choices, I'll always take Classic Rock. I know all the songs, can sing along with them, and many of the tunes bring back fun memories of high school (not that I have many fun memories from that part of my life. I've repressed as much as I can).

So when I hear a catchy new tune, it gets stuck in my head. Often, I can only remember a little snippet of the chorus. Sometimes, it's a song I heard on a commercial.

Lately, Cory's been listening to a CD by a band called "Franz Ferdinand." Don't you just love the name? The CD is great... The best way I can describe it is The-Strokes-meet-Blondie. Maybe with a little dash of The Fixx or The Clash mixed in.

Funny thing, though. Until five minutes ago, I didn't even know the name of the song that's been stuck in my head. I finally went to iTunes and listened to samples from the CD until I found out the name. "The Dark of the Matinee," in case you're curious. If you want to watch the video, you can see it here.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa