552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, May 17, 2004

Airborne Attack

For the last two weeks, my allergies have been just plain horrible. It's kind of strange, actually. About two months ago, everything in Columbus was coated with a thick layer of pollen, but it didn't bother me at all (aside from having to wash my car repeatedly). Since early in the month, though, I've been in some pretty sad shape. One day, my left eye started watering at about noon, and it didn't stop until I went to bed that night. This morning, I woke up with a pretty bad sore throat, and as of my bedtime, it hasn't gone away.

I was so excited last year, when Claritin became available over the counter. I know, it's more expensive to buy it now, but it saves me from going to the doctor, or worse, to the allergist. I went to the allergist for years as a kid, at first getting injections three times a week. What good would going to the doctor now do?

So, I finally caved in a couple weeks ago and bought some Claritin (well, actually, I bought the Wal-Mart equivelant, which is half the price). I took some Claritin, and thought, "Geez, this isn't helping at all."

Then I went a couple days without it, and realized that it had been helping, just not enough. But it was better than nothing, and it was certainly better than taking Actifed, which knocks me out cold in fifteen minutes flat.

Here's the sad part: I just checked the pollen report for our area... and the pollen count is only medium right now. I'm screwed.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa