552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, May 15, 2004

Sweaty Girl

The Georgia High School baseball playoffs started today, and that means a four-week sweat marathon for the Sportslady.

I should preface this by saying that I don't always come to work looking very "professional." I spend too much time running up and down sidelines, squatting in the dirt, and carrying heavy equipment to wear a skirt, heels, or even a nice pair of dress pants (too much potential for spots, stains, and rips). My usual work outfit is a polo and a pair of jeans or khakis, with tennis shoes. If I know that I won't be shooting anything (and this only happens a couple times a month), I'll wear dress pants or dress shoes... but never a skirt, just in case a game was rescheduled or there's some kind of breaking news.

When the summer comes, I get much more casual. When it's baseball playoff season, I'm a downright slob. Standing outside for four hours when it's 95 degrees and sunny pretty much dictates slobbiness. In my desk at work, I have a summer survival kit: A drawer full of clean t-shirts, a can of "Wet Ones," a vat of scented body powder, a spare deodorant, and several ponytail holders, even though my hair is a little too short for ponytails.

Today, I broke out the "survival kit." And it's only mid-may. I can't wait for the Little League tournament in the middle of July.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa