552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, May 20, 2004

Pomp and Circumstance

I don't remember who spoke at my college graduation, either for my BA or for my MA. In fact, I don't remember anything about the speeches. As a former professor, I've attended about a dozen commencement ceremonies. And I remember very little about any of those, except for the time that another professor and I ordered a pizza to be delivered to the lawn at the stadium. Good times.

I'm guessing that the graduating class at William And Mary will remember this year's commencement address for a good long time. Jon Stewart opened his address by this simple statement:

Thank you Mr. President, I had forgotten how crushingly dull these ceremonies are.

You can read the entire speech here.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa