552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, June 16, 2004

Not Bad, Boys

I know I've mentioned on this blog that I really, really, really dislike the NBA. Basketball isn't my favorite sport in the first place, and teams like the L.A. Lakers have pretty much ruined the pro game.

Despite my aversion to the NBA, I've thoroughly enjoyed the last week. The Pistons played real basketball, with real defense and teamwork and stuff. And as the old cliche goes, "Defense Wins Championships." Detroit stunned the Lakers tonight to win the title.

I should probably mention that back in the Pistons glory days, I worked at the Palace of Auburn Hills. In two years as an "Arena Hostess," I never saw the Pistons lose a game. Not bad, huh? The only poopy thing was that in 1989 and 1990, the Pistons won both of their championships on the road, so I wasn't there to seem them hoist the trophy.

As an addendum, Kobe Bryant's credibility is fading fast. Two nights ago, he guaranteed victory for Tuesday night's game. Oops. Think this will hurt his testimony?

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa