552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, April 23, 2004

Surviving Past Hump-Day

I know, for most folks, Wednesday is "hump-day," midway through the work week, when you climb over that proverbial hump and it's just a downhill slide into your weekend.

Thursday was my "hump-day" on my extended work-week, and I'm actually hanging on better than I had expected. It doesn't hurt that there weren't a zillion games to shoot over the last couple of days. Wednesday night, the Alabama high school state baseball playoffs started, and I had a bit of a struggle at first, because there was a 6pm game in Phenix City and a 7pm game in Seale... and I had to anchor the 6pm newscast. Usually, something like that is a recipe for disaster... but luck was on my side and I managed to get to both games by the middle of the fifth inning... and actually got plenty of highlights from both games... including the game-winning home run in one of them.

The other good thing that happened on Wednesday? Dave came in to cover the Tour de Georgia... otherwise my 12-hour day would have been a 16- or 17-hour day. I felt bad for Dave, having to come in right smack-dab in the middle of his vacation, but at least he got to cover something kind of cool, and his story was great. Too bad Lance Armstrong didn't win the Columbus stage (he won the next two stages).

So, as I said, I'm surviving. I only have four more days of being the one-woman sports department... then Dave comes back on Tuesday, and I'm a lowly reporter/weekend anchor again.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa