552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, April 18, 2004

Ahhhh, the Life...

...of a "normal" person.

Dave's taking next week off, and of course, we don't have anyone who can help out when he's gone, so I get to work all three newscasts the next ten straight days. So, as a little gift to myself, I took today off. Since Cory works weekdays and I work nights and weekends, It's the first time we've had a day off together since New Year's.

So, Cory and I did fun stuff today. First, a drive to Providence Canyon State Park. The weather was beautiful, sunny and around 80 degrees, so we did a three-mile hike around the canyon. I brought the camera and took about a jillion pictures, so at some point, I may post some of them to this blog. I know, I know... I always say that.

Then, a trip to the drive-in. No, there isn't a real drive-in movie like we had in Missouri. So, we had the next best thing. The Columbus Film Society does an occasional outdoor movie screening in the back lot of the Columbus Museum. You pack a picnic, bring your lawn chairs, and watch a movie under the stars. So, I dragged Cory to see "Harold and Maude," a movie I first saw when I was about 12 or 13 years old (The movie was already 10 years old by that point). If you've never seen it before, I don't even know where to begin describing it... so I won't. Anyway, the screening had it's share of technical glitches, but I think Cory really enjoyed it. Plus, the weather was so amazing, it was just nice to sit under the stars.

So, that was my fun day off with Cory. Tomorrow, back to work. The marathon begins. I'll try not to bitch too much about it, but don't be surprised if I don't blog much in the next week or so, you'll understand, right?

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa