552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, April 08, 2004

More Obligatory Sports Postings

While it is the most wonderful time of the year (see below), we need to have a little moment of silence for the Cottonmouths, who will be leaving the fair fountain city. The team received permission from the ECHL to suspend operations for next season, then move to Florida.

Sigh.

The owners are pretty cool guys. They really didn't want to move the team. But you can only lose half a million dollars a season for so many years before it starts to suck.

There are a few thousand die-hard hockey fans in this town, and I think we'll probably have a hockey team next year... just in a smaller, less competitive league. On the one hand, I think that's great, because it'll keep costs down and keep the fans happy. The Snakes have struggled since joining the ECHL.

On the other hand, I've really enjoyed seeing guys like Mike Bishai get their start in pro hockey.

I guess when it comes right down to it, I'll just be happy if there's any pro hockey here next year... otherwise the withdrawl will be horrible. I'll have to start going to youth hockey games just to get my fix.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa