552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, April 06, 2004

Grrrrr...

I came home from work last night, filled with bloggy goodness, ready to blog my little heart out. I turned on the TV for a little company... and the cable was out. Damn.

Turned on the computer, and (no surprise here) the cable modem was out. Double Damn.

Of course, now I can't remember what I wanted to write about. I was excited about blogging because it was the first night that I've gotten home from work before 2:00 a.m. See, now that we're doing the FOX newscast every night, I have to stay late the night before to get my work done for the next day's 6pm show. That way, I can start working on the 10pm show before 6pm... a necessity since I don't have time to do it after the 6pm show, because I'm generally out shooting video of a game (or eating dinner... which I haven't quite figured out how to fit into my schedule yet).

The first FOX shows looked pretty good... Considering all the potential problems lurking. Two hours before the newscast, I still didn't have the capability to put C.G.s into the show (In other words, I couldn't put any words on the screen. For sports, that translates into no scores.) We got that little kink worked out in the nick of time, but there are still plenty of other bumps in the road. As one co-worker said, "The show wasn't nearly as much of a train wreck as I thought it would be."

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa