552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, January 26, 2004

Communication? What's That?

I work in the "communication" field... but the lack of "communication" around my workplace continually amazes me.

For at least the thirtieth time since I started at the station, our newscast was scheduled to air at a time other than our usual time. Our 6:00 news was scheduled for 6:30. Now, that's fine... or at least it would be if the news ever funnelled down to the peons like me. Unfortunately, nobody bothered to tell us. I found out at 5:52. Our director didn't find out until I told him.

The frustrating part is that I was waiting for a set of highlights that were scheduled to arrive at 6 pm. That isn't enough time to turn them around for a 6pm newscast. So I didn't schedule them for the show. If I had known we were going on at 6:30, I could have included them.

Of course, the golf tournament went to a tiebreaker, and we ended up having to can the show entirely, so this entire rant is moot. Just had to blow off a little steam.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa