552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, December 21, 2003

DayQuil days, NyQuil nights

Greetings. I still feel like ass (thus the lack of blogging). I actually haven't been living on DayQuil and NyQuil. I'm too cheap for that. Instead, I've been living on DayTime and NiteTime, the WalMart equivalents thereof.

As always, my timing couldn't be worse. Not only is Dave on vacation, but this is also the week of the big office move. That was somewhat of a surprise. Oh, we knew we were supposed to move offices this week. But as of last Sunday, our new office wasn't ready yet. It had a bunch of holes in the walls where outlets and phone jacks were supposed to be. So Dave and I decided we'd probably end up moving on Monday night.

Monday morning, I got a rude awakening. Literally. The phone rang, woke me up, and it was Dave, saying that we apparently were supposed to be out of our old office by Monday morning. News to me. News to Dave, too. So at 9:30 in the morning, I trudged into work in sweats, and spent the next five hours trying to move 10 years of crap out of our office. Of course, we couldn't move it into our new office yet, but that didn't seem to matter to anyone. At 2:30, I went home, took a shower, changed into my Sportslady clothes, and went back to work. Yep. I was there until 2am.

Late Tuesday afternoon, we finally got working computers in the new sports office. Late Wednesday afternoon, we got our satellite hookup. It wasn't until Thursday that we had working phones. Half of our crap is still in boxes, and though I've spent about 10 hours trying to organize our new office, there's still crap everywhere.

I hate moving. Even if it's just moving 20 yards, it still sucks.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa