552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, December 17, 2003

Early to bed, early to rise....

...is something that I know very little about. This is the first night I've been home before 1a.m. since I got back from vacation.

It's been a crazy week. I left Jan & Steve's on Friday morning, and it took a little more time than expected to pack my suitcase. Because we had "Christmas" on Thursday, I was leaving Michigan with all my stuff, plus all the gifts I received, plus I was bringing back a couple of presents for Cory, too.

Anyway, it took forever to pack, while I decided which things should go into which bag, and tried to figure out how to make it all fit. When we finally got to Flint Bishop Airport, it was about 25 minutes before my flight. We were in such a hurry to get my crap out of the trunk, that my head got thumped by the hatch on Jan's Envoy. It's still pretty sore (My head, not her car).

Now, Flint is a pretty small airport, and the Airtran ticket counter closes half an hour before each flight. oops. So I get to the counter, and thankfully there's someone still there. She calls up to the gate and has to beg for permission to let me board the flight. They say it's ok, but they're not going to hold the plane for me, so I have to get my baggage checked and clear security in 20 minutes. Amazingly enough, I got through, though I ran down the gate with stocking feet. Oddly enough, I wasn't even the last one on the plane.

So I arrive in Atlanta around 1pm, collect my luggage, go to the car (By the way, I got the greatest parking spot ever. I almost didn't want to leave), and haul ass back to Columbus. I arrive in town at 3:45, run into the apartment to change, rush to work, and anchor the 6:00 and 11:00 newscasts. I've worked every day since then, and I won't get another day off until Christmas.

To make things worse, I'm getting sick. This happens every year right before Christmas. I have to work two days straight, and there isn't anyone who can cover for me, so I end up working while I have the flu. Last year, I had to anchor when I had no voice. Literally, I had no voice. I tried calling my mother the day before Christmas, and she didn't recognize my voice. She thought I was some weird kind of phone pervert calling to harass her.

Hopefully, this year, it won't be as bad. I'm dosing up on Zinc and Vitamin C as we speak.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa