552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, December 06, 2003

Slacking on the Blog Again

It's been a long couple of days, kiddies. I worked all day on Friday (one of those crazy, hectic nights when there was nothing to do until 10 p.m., then suddenly everything had to be done within the next hour). Got home from work a little before 1a.m., then had to drive up to Atlanta at 5:30 in the morning to catch my flight. I got a three-hour nap in there somewhere... just enough to keep me from falling asleep at the wheel.

Some observations from the last couple of days:
1) An open letter to the idiot drivers on I-185 and I-85 in Georgia. You're supposed to pass on the left.

2) When handing my baggage to the AirTran baggage screener, she asked "where are you flying to today?" I responded, "Flint." She scrunched up her face (and if you've ever been to Flint, you understand that isn't exactly an atypical response), then said "I've never heard of that place."
Now sure, there are people that have never heard of Flint (The same people who have never seen any film made by Michael Moore). But for God's sake, her airline flies five non-stop flights to Flint every damn day. I can't possibly be the only person on these flights.

3) Note to the folks running the thermostat at Hartsfield International Airport. Yes, I know it's cold outside. But that doesn't mean that the Airport needs to be 90 degrees inside. Moderation, people.

4) While I'm at it, a little note to the woman waiting to board the flight to Atlanta from Flint: Shorts? It's Atlanta, sweetheart. It's not Barbados.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa