552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Tuesday, November 25, 2003

Whoo-Hoooo!!!!

Three days off!

As you may have guessed, I'm pretty excited about the way this week is working out. I never get to take holidays off (something to do with only having 2 years at the station as opposed to Dave's 19 years). Since I'm scheduled to anchor every Monday, working on Labor Day, Memorial Day, etc. is just a part of the job. As far as Turkey Day goes, Dave's always offered to let me have it off (Thursday is my usual day off), but it just seemed kind of silly the last few years. What am I going to do? Sit at home and feel sorry for myself while Cory spends Thanksgiving with his family in Missouri? I'd rather go to work and keep busy.

This year, I took Dave up on the offer. After all, I've worked something like 23 of the last 26 days, and most of those were 12-to-14 hour shifts. I need a break. A serious break.

The really nice thing is that Cory couldn't take a long weekend this year and go back to the 'Ville, so we get to spend Thankgiving together for the first time since we started dating three years ago.

Making a Thanksgiving dinner is going to be kind of weird for just the two of us. The only other time I've done it was three years ago, when I cooked dinner for everyone at work. I cooked a 25-pound turkey and we ate right after the 6:00 news.

By the way, my plans for my big three days off: Christmas Shopping. I resolve to spend more money on other people than on myself (a vow I sadly did not make last week).

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa