552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, November 02, 2003

Friday Five

Once again, a day late and a dollar short on the Friday Five. I'm sure I've probably mentioned one or two of these before, but what the hell.
1. What was your first Halloween costume? The first one I remember was a leopard costume that my mom sewed for me. She always made me nice costumes, and I think that's part of the reason I still like to dress up to this day.
2. What was your best costume and why? Ahhh, the Barbie Doll. About six years ago, I made this fantastic costume. I got a pink fitted t-shirt, painted "Barbie" on it in glitter paint, and sewed a really tacky pink-and-orange miniskirt. But that's just the beginning. I still had hot-pink pumps from the 80s, which matched perfectly. I stuffed a huge bra to give myself a more Barbie-ish figure, and bought a massive blonde wig. Then I put a big pink bow in the wig, wore a lot of pink plastic kids' jewelry, and a heart-shaped necklace with a picture of a Ken doll in it.
Fantastic.

3. Did you ever play a trick on someone who didn't give you a treat? Nah. I'm too nice of a kid. An interesting note for all of my friends in Michigan, though. Apparently "Devil's Night" is a Michigan-only phenomenon, and everybody thinks that all we do is go out and shoot people on October 30th. Kids in the rest of the world egg houses on Halloween, which to me seems like a waste of candy-eating time. Oh, and around here, you don't "T.P." people's trees. You "roll" them. How dumb does that sound?
4. Do you have any Halloween traditions? (ie: Family pumpkin carving, special dinner before trick or treating, etc.)
Not really. I wish I could have a costume party every year, but my job prevents that.
5. Share your favorite scary story...real or legend! How's this: I lived seven years in Kirksville, Missouri! Aaaaauuuugh! (well, it was pretty scary for me. For God's sake, I dated a man named "Bubba." If that's not scary, I don't know what is.)

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa