552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, August 08, 2003

A Reply to a Recent Visitor

I've received a Snide Remark to my recent post about Bravo, "Queer Eye," and closed-mindedness. Thought I should share it with everyone:

It is not closed- mindedness. People are just tired of being subjected to the disgusting habits of those who choose to live immoral and unnatural lifestyles.
P.S. If you don't like the South, there are buses, planes, trains, etc. leaving Columbus every day. I for one wouldn't mind seeing your lanky ass on one of them!


Hmmmm... Interesting. Dictionary.com defines "Closed-minded" as such:

close-mind·ed (klsmndd, klz-) or closed-mind·ed (klzd-)
adj. Intolerant of the beliefs and opinions of others; stubbornly unreceptive to new ideas.

So, perhaps calling other people's so-called "habits" disgusting, immoral and unnatural is, in fact, exactly what closed-minded people do. Whereas referring to someone as having a "lanky ass" is just plain rude and particularly Non-Christian (especially when you're an uninvited visitor to that person's personal webpage).

As for my feelings about the South, I like the South. It's a beautiful part of the country. And, in fact, I find most of the people in the South to be perfectly lovely, polite, and genteel. However, the South has developed a reputation as being bigoted and hateful because some people in this part of the country have no tolerance for people unlike them. And just when I start to think that those people are a slim majority, they come for a little visit to remind me of why the South has such a bad reputation.


Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa