552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, August 04, 2003

The Best Laid Plans

Sigh. You try to do things right, and something always comes along and f*cks them up. We have company coming in town today, my pal Sandy-bean and her Fiancee) whom I've never met. They're driving down from the Show-Me State for a four-day visit.

Company, of course, means cleaning. Particularly for us, since cleaning the apartment isn't really a high priority for either myself or for Cory. Our theory is, if something smells funny, then clean. Otherwise, you're in the clear. Lucky Cory, he's out of town, so I got to do most of the cleaning myself. Of course, it's still the July "Sweeps" ratings period, so I don't get to take time off from work to prepare for company (Or for that matter, to spend with company. More on that later).

So it's been a lot of early mornings. Get up at 9 a.m., clean, do laundry, go to work. Come home from work after midnight, clean, go to bed. Repeat.

The apartment isn't spotless. Far from it. But the first layer of filth is gone. If you don't look too closely, it looks kind of nice. So last night, I put in some very late hours at work. I left at about 2a.m., and when I got home, the phone was ringing. I knew it was Cory, so I ran to the phone from the front door, not realizing that I had stepped in some sort of poo on the way in. Nice, huh? So at 2:30 in the morning, I'm on my hands and knees cleaning up streaks of animal feces from the floor.

Sandy and Brian are scheduled to arrive at around 2pm today. Of course, since it's July sweeps, I couldn't take the day off to spend with them (I anchor on Monday nights). Since Cory won't get into town until about midnight, my plan is to drag them to work with me for a couple of hours, then take them to the South Georgia Waves game. Sandy likes baseball, though I don't know about Brian, her man. I take 'em to the ballpark with me, I shoot the game while they enjoy historic Golden Park, everyone's happy.

Except it's been pouring out for about an hour. Golden Park doesn't handle flood waters very well. I suspect the game will be rained out, so I have no clue what to do with my visitors now. Any suggestions?

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa