552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, August 21, 2003

Like A Rhinestone Cowboy...

I'm watching "I Love The 70s" on VH-1 right now, and they're talking about the song "Rhinestone Cowboy" by Glen Campbell. 1975 was the first year that I really became aware of music, I guess, because I loved "Rhinestone Cowboy," "Love Will Keep Us Together" by Captain and Tenille, and "Tie A Yellow Ribbon" by Tony Orlando and Dawn. Anyway, I distinctly remember going at Lounge/Restaurants as a kid that had live music (A lot more places had live music back then) and constantly requesting "Rhinestone Cowboy." God, I was an annoying kid.

As an addendum, I'm thoroughly enjoying "I Love the 70s," much more than I enjoyed "I Love the 80s," primarily because the 80s show really held no surprises for me. The 80s was a trip down memory lane. "I Love the 70s" is more of a trip down repressed memory lane for me. The best part is that Cory doesn't remember any of it, so I get to share really lame stories from my childhood with him.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa