552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, August 21, 2003

I wasn't going to post anything about Alabama Chief Justice Roy Moore and the Ten Commandments controversy across the river, but you simply can't escape it around here. It takes up the first seven or eight minutes of every newscast.

Without going on a rant, let me say this: Aren't our judicial representatives supposed to uphold the laws and the rulings of superior courts? Thought so.

Personally, I don't really care if the Ten Commandments Monument is in the Alabama State Judicial Building or not. If the walls of the US Supreme Court can contain a frieze depicting Moses holding his stone tablets, then I don't really see a problem with having the monument in Alabama's Judicial Building.

No, I don't think it belongs there, and I think it's just as offensive to non-Judeo-Christians as a nudie pinup would be to a female justice. And I appreciate the fact that Roy Moore paid for the monument with his own money. But is he willing to pay for the potential fines (an estimated $1 million) with his own money? Didn't think so. So far, a non-profit organization has footed the bill, but eventually that money will run out, and I don't see Moore backing down. And Alabama isn't exactly a state that can afford to shell out any extra cash. They can't even afford to pay residents their tax refunds.

Oh... and before you say anything about the liberal media, remember, I'm just the sportslady. I don't even work on the same side of the building as the news department.


Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa