552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, August 21, 2003

Vacation Update

Today, I got to spend three hours of my vacation at work!

We had to tape our college football special, "Sidelines '03," this afternoon. That meant hanging out at Memorial Stadium at 10:30 this morning. I got there about five minutes late, and felt really bad about it until I realized that only one other person was there, our producer, Justin. Turns out, nobody was willing to commit a photographer to us (how we're supposed to tape an hour-long football special on our own, I'm not quite sure. Oh, it can be done, it would just take about six hours to do it.)

We finally got our photographer a full hour after the time we were supposed to start taping. So there's an hour of my vacation, spent sitting around in 90-degree heat. Then it took 1 1/2 hours to shoot the special. Oh, then I had to go in to work to fill out my "time card," because even though our payroll system is on the internet, you can't access it from anyplace but work. Which means, if you're on vacation, and you expect to get your vacation pay, you have to go in to the office... not an easy task if you're a normal person and you go somewhere on vacation.

Oh, and did I mention that it was hot outside? Tune in at 6:30 on Saturday, and you can actually watch me get progressively sunburned while also watching my makeup sweat right off my face. Methinks it'll look very appealing.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa