552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, July 02, 2003

The Not-So-Savvy Traveler

Ok, I know I said no blogging tonight, but the circumstances have changed. I'll try to summarize briefly.
1) Arrived at Atlanta Hartsfield late for my flight.... which turned out to be O.K. because...
2) Flight was delayed half an hour. That I could deal with, but then
3) Flight was delayed an additional 45 minutes. That sucked, because
4) That meant I would miss my connecting flight from Cincinnati to Flint.
5) The next flight from Cincy to Flint would have me arriving at Flint around 9pm. That wouldn't work because Jan and I were planning to drive from the Flint airport to Mackinaw City (About 225 miles). But then
6) The Delta lady found a seat on a flight from Atlanta to Detroit which would get me into the motor city at 5:30 pm. But that meant...
7) I'd have to reach Jan and let her know not to go to Flint, but to go to DTW instead. She wasn't home, so I left two messages. Pretty impressive since...
8) I only had 25 minutes to get to the other terminal to catch my new flight.
9) Made it to my new flight in time, got to Detroit at 5:30 (Though I was still unsure if anyone would be there to get me).
10) Steve was waiting for me at the baggage carousel.
11) My baggage was not waiting for me. In fact, it was in Cincinnati, to eventually be forwarded to Flint. This is the first time I'd checked luggage in years... and I won't be doing it again.
Oh, and...
11) Jan decided to move our trip to the Upper Peninsula up by a day. So, after all that, I could have just taken the later flight, relaxed, not rushed around and most importantly, had clean underwear for tomorrow.
Lots more happened today, but I have to be up at about 5:30 in the morning, so I'll save it for another day.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa