552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Monday, July 21, 2003

It's Madness, I Tell You!

How much do the folks around here love high school football? Enough so that one of the local teams actually holds a midnight practice on the first day they're allowed to take the field. That's where I was when the 11:00 p.m. newscast was over... driving to Pacelli High School for football practice.

I might add, Pacelli's not some enormous school with a thousand kids in the graduating class. It's a small Catholic high school with an enrollment of just about 200 kids. Probably close to a third of the student body was at tonight's practice, with a few dozen parents sitting in the bleachers.

It's a neat tradition, and it really says something about the love that folks around here have for football. High school games around here draw more fans than some college games I've been to.

Just the same, though, I wish I'd been able to go home after the newscast like everyone else. Whine, whine, whine, I know. But if you can't complain about your job, what's left to live for?

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa