552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, July 05, 2003

Home, Sweet Home

Though I miss C-Town (actually, maybe I just miss Cory and Zoe), it's awfully nice to be back in a city where hockey makes front page news. Try to ignore the dreadful misuse of the word "Irony" in the second sentence. We'll try not to hold it against him.

I don't really have the time or the energy to dwell on the free-agent developments, so I'll summarize quickly:

Defense is good. Having three future hall-of-famers on the blue line is pretty nice.

Here's what sucks, though:
The Avalanche reunited one of the NHL's speediest duos... Teemu Selanne and Paul Kariya. At first, I thought "Hey, that's not so bad.... Kariya was the highest-paid player in the NHL last year. If they want to spend all their money on the dynamic duo, and not have any left over to fill the void left by the retirement of goalie-extrordinare Patrick Roy, that's ok by me. But then I found out that Kariya took an $8.8 million dollar pay cut to go to Colorado. Crap. Plenty of money left over to buy a netminder.

Of course, Detroit's not exactly hurting. The money they saved because of Sergei Fedorov's greed will more than make up for his loss. Seriously, what kind of a nut-job turns down 5 years and $50 million? I think he knocked some brain cells loose in his most recent Ferrari accident.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa