552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, July 06, 2003

Belated Friday Five

1. What were your favorite childhood stories? Hmmm... I remember I loved "Charlotte's Web," and of course, anything by Judy Blume. More than anything, I remember reading "Peanuts" comic strips. We had books and books of them, and it seems like I was always looking for a new one.
2. What books from your childhood would you like to share with [your] children? All of them. Kids don't read nearly enough today.
3. Have you re-read any of those childhood stories and been surprised by anything? I haven't really re-read any.
4. How old were you when you first learned to read? I was really young- maybe three? They bumped me up after four days of kindergarten because I already was reading at a third-grade level.
5. Do you remember the first 'grown-up' book you read? How old were you? I remember my cousins telling Jan and Steve not to let me read some Judy Blume book, because the kids had sex in it. Maybe "Forever?"
I'm sure the first 'grown up' book I ever read was probably something my mom had read and found funny. I remember being pretty young when I read the "Fletch" mysteries.

Labels: ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa