552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, June 12, 2003

Back from the 'Ville, Part II

I mentioned in an earlier post that I think Kirksville is cursed. I should say that lots of good things happened while we were back in the 'Ville. For one thing, I got to see a lot of friends I haven't seen in ages.

Friday, our first full day back in town, my friend Amy drove all the way up from Jefferson City to have lunch with us. That's about a 2-hour drive. I haven't seen her since Cory and I first started dating, probably about two years ago. She looked great, and it seems like things are going well for her (She works for the Missouri State Legislature, and they're apparently in a budget crisis. Looks like I got out of there just in time.) We had lunch at Bogie's in Kirksville, a bar/restaurant in the 'Ville that we used to frequent all the time. They have the most spectacular onion rings in the world. I felt kind of bad that we had lunch with a bunch of people, and that it couldn't just be the two (or three) of us, but we had a good time, anyway.

Also joining us at lunch were my ex-boyfriend Rich and our friend from KTVO, Brock. Cory, Rich, Brock and I all worked together at KTVO, though Brock is the only one that still works there. Rich is a Ph.D student at LSU, and he's back in Kirksville for the summer teaching classes at Moberly Area Community College (A job I helped him get, thank you very much). I was kind of bummed out that we missed his new girfriend, though. She'd been in town on her first-ever trip to Kirksville the previous week. If that didn't scare her off, nothing will.

Saturday night was the big night, though. Our pal Sandy drove up from Moberly, Missouri, where she'd been visiting her parents. She's a grad student/speech team coach at Northwest Missouri State. I haven't seen her in quite a while, and she brought along her little sister, Jodi. The last time I saw Jodi, she was a 17-year-old that we were sneaking into bars. Now she's 21! It was great to see both of them, and I finally got to see a picture of Sandy-bean's fiance. Anyway, we went out to some of the 'Ville's finest bars. We got to hang out with other pals from around town, John and Josh. As usual, John got a little too looped and kept telling us how much he loved us, hugging us all over the place.

We capped off the night the same way we capped off so many nights in Kirksville: At Pancake City. In Kirksville tradition, there was puke all over the ladies' room floor. Ahhhhhh... smells like home.

The only thing that sucked about the whole weekend is that Cory and I both felt like we'd spread ourselves really thin. He only got to spend about an hour with his high-school friend Travis, and that was pretty much the trend for the weekend. It seemed like we spent more time saying goodbye instead of hello.

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa