552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Sunday, April 27, 2003

A Different World

I generally try to delude myself into thinking that working in television is just like working any other job. It's got the same BS that everyone has to deal with... too much paperwork, not enough money, messy officemates.

But there actually are a lot of differences. There's a lot more manual labor, and when you work in TV, and have a bad day at work, thousands of people know about it. But probably the biggest difference is in the type of people you work with. They're altogether a different breed.

Take for example, today. I screwed something up, admittedly. I was late updating a script for our 6pm show, and it didn't get updated in the teleprompter. But tell me, is there any other profession that your co-worker would literally scream about it in your face for five minutes after you mess up? (((CENSORED))) Now, I know that I may not be the easiest person in the world to get along with, but I also understand that yelling at co-workers is freakishly inappropriate. Is there any other profession on the face of the earth where this would be acceptable behavior?

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa