552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

On to "Plan C"

After the Red Wings got swept by Anaheim last week, I had to switch to "Plan B." See, I love hockey, and I hate to kiss the entire playoffs goodbye when my team gets eliminated. So, when fate deals Detroit a bad hand, I switch to my backup.
I think lots of sports fans have "backup" teams, even though most won't admit it. For several years now, my "Plan B" has been the St. Louis Blues. Cory and Rich are both big Blues fans, and I spent three years covering the Blues when I worked in Missouri, so it was a natural for me.

Well, the St. Loser Blows cocked it up again this season. What's a girl to do? Three more rounds of Stanley Cup Playoffs... and no team to follow. The Atlanta Thrashers would be the natural "Plan C," but they didn't even make the playoffs, so we won't go there.

Then, angels shone down upon the hockey world... and the upstart Minnesota Wild beat the truly evil Colorado Avalanche in overtime. I think I've found my backup to my backup.
There are lots of reasons to like the Wild, I suppose. Like the fact that Minneapolis/St. Paul truly deserves a hockey team, and ever since the (North)Stars moved to Dallas, they've been screwed. Or the fact that they're an expansion team, and therefore aren't ever expected to beat anybody... ever. And, perhaps most important, they beat Colorado. (Are you noticing a trend here? Colorado Avalanche=evil)

Anyhoo... Go Minnesota! Let's Go Wild!!! (Until they lose... then I'll find a new flavor of the month. Or maybe I'll just start watching more baseball.)

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa