552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Saturday, February 15, 2003

My Brush With (sort of) Greatness

Well, this isn't exactly six degrees of separation... (though I am six degrees to Kevin Bacon... sometime I'll explain). When I was a senior in high school, several of us went on a field trip to the Shakespeare Festival in Stratford, Ontario. I'm pretty sure that my friend Anne went with us, though its been over 15 years, so I'm not 100% sure.

We saw one of Shakespeare's lesser-known plays, Cymbeline. It was really good, except my the thing that I remember the most is that the theater was filled with other students from other schools on field trips, and some asswipes were chucking loose change onto the stage during the primary actor's monologue. He actually broke character and told them to cut it out or he'd end the play right then and there.

Anyway, today I was cleaning up around the apartment, and I had E! on the television. They were doing a behind the scenes show about "Will and Grace." Eric McCormack (Will) was talking about growing up in Toronto, and about his first "real" acting job, working five years at the Stratford Festival in the late 1980's. "Holy Shnikies," I thought to myself, "I wonder if he was in that play?"

You better believe I still have the playbill from that show (and every other play I've ever seen or been in). Sure enough, Eric McCormack was in Cymbeline. He played "First Lord to Cloten," and also "2nd Gaoler." He's also listed under "Lords, Ladies, Grooms, Maids, Footmen, Nurses and Soldiers."

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa