552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Friday, September 02, 2005

Worth a Thousand Words

My self-imposed moratorium on Katrina's aftermath lasted about 22 hours-- then I had to watch some MSNBC/CNN, just so I wouldn't feel ignorant about the latest developments. But I limited myself to about an hour of TV-- I wanted to be able to fall asleep tonight, rather than lying in bed, staring at the ceiling for hours.

I've also done a little web-browsing on the topic. Yesterday, Cory linked to these satellite images of the Gulf Coast from NASA. Today, they posted a close-up shot of the levee breach in the 17th street canal and the surrounding neighborhood.

Even more remarkable are these images I just stumbled across. They show an amazing before-and-after comparison if you drag your mouse across the photos.

Highway Interchange
City Park
City Park close-up (Gormley Stadium)
Power Outages along the Gulf Coast

There are also several views of the Superdome and the New Orleans Fairgrounds, but the images are in black-and-white and the photographs aren't as high-quality.

Labels:

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa