552 miles... 1 million more smiles.


My Recent "Tweets"

Thursday, September 01, 2005

A Distraction

Much like Kaos, I may need to go on a self-imposed Katrina moratorium. I just can't watch it any more. I can't even imagine what it's like for people like him, who call New Orleans and/or the Gulf Coast their home.

Instead, I'll share my sheer disappointment with the Rockstar: INXS viewers and the band INXS, for giving Ty the boot tonight. Every week, Ty churned out the most amazing performances, and yet the voters continued to stick him in the elimination pool every week. Hey... don't blame me... I voted for him 30 times last night. (ok, ok, I have no life. I admit it. I voted in an online poll 30 times. Sad but true.)

After he was eliminated, Ty said he knew exactly why people didn't vote for him. And while sometimes I roll my eyes when people make accusations of racism, I think this time, he was absolutely right. Cory and I had talked about it last week. People don't want to see a black guy fronting a rock-and-roll band. Especially a white rock-and-roll band. Vocally, he's probably the strongest male performer on the show. And he's a hell of a stage performer, too. Unfortunately, he turned out a mediocre performance of "The One Thing" (my favorite INXS song), and got kicked off the show.

Bummer.

So now I'll have to focus my positive vibes on Suzie (who sang the hell out of "Bohemian Rhapsody" last night), and MiG (who wasn't so great this week, but did a great version of "Baby I Love Your Way" a couple of weeks back).

I'd even be ok with Marty winning. Even though he's vocally the worst on the show, his uber-creepy version of "Hit Me Baby One More Time" proved he's got something. Jordis has a great voice, I just can't get used to the idea of a 22-year-old girl fronting a band of 40-somethings. Plus, she really ganked up Aerosmith's "Dream On" last week. She screwed it up so much, that you can't even link to the performance on the MSN Video website... they have every performance from Week 7 listed except that one.

(To view video of all the performances from the show, click here.)

OK. Let's face it. The only reason I'll actually continue watching the show is in the hopes that JD gets his dreams crushed. He's a tool. Sure, he's talented... but not nearly talented enough to be as cocky as he is. How can I describe him? For those of you who are fans of "The Apprentice," he's Omarossa with leather pants, a Canadian accent and a penis. And all the little teenyboppers that watch the show love him.

He must be stopped.

Labels: , ,

Stumble Upon ToolbarStumble It!
Graphics and photos hosted by Hello from Picasa hello from picasa